Thursday, 14 February 2008

TN : Matariki Quintology 2002, Gimblett Gravels, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

This wine is a blend of 42% Merlot, 23.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Malbec, 8.5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Syrah.

The wine was matured in fine grain French oak, from a selection of coopers,for 21 months. Approximately 40% was new oak whilst the remaining 60% was aged in seasoned 1, 2 and 3 year old barrels.

Winestate Magazine awarded this wine 4 Stars in the September/October 2006 Issue

It was imported by Modern Wines, Stockholm.

Colour : Purple, brown hues

Aroma : Oak, tobacco, red berries

Taste : Spicy finish, cedar, tobacco, hints of red berries and blueberries, sour acidic finish, lacking fruit

Alcohol : 13.5%

Price : 199 SEK

Mark : D

Website : Matariki Wines
Website : ModernWines Sweden

No comments: