The residual sugar in this wine is 78 grammes per litre.
Schloss Reinhartshausen is the largest privately owned wine estate in the Rheingau. It has vineyards spreading over more than 80 hectares.
At the Castle’s present location stood, in the 12th century, the ancestral seat of the knights of Erbach. From 1275, and over a period of four centuries, the estate belonged to the knights of Allendorf who cultivated wine from 1337.
At the end of the 18th century, the estate was taken over by the Langwerth von Simmern dynasty from Phillip Reinhard after whom the Castle was named. It was sold in 1800 to the Duke of Westfalen, who built Schloss Reinhartshausen as it is seen today. Princess Marianne of Prussia from the Royal House Oranien-Nassau bought the Castle and the estate in 1855. She extended the Castle with the addition of a museum and, owing to her personality and her charitable generosity, she left a lasting imprint in Schloss Reinhartshausen itself and the community of Erbach as a whole.
Colour : Yellow
Aroma : Marzipan, honey, apricot
Taste : Honey, cloying sweetness, marzipan, apricot, long finish
Alcohol : 12%
Price : 119 SEK (Reduced from 149 SEK( (375 ml bottle)
Mark : C
Website : Weingut Schloss Reinhartshausen