Sunday, 23 March 2014

TN : Ramnista Xinomavro 2009, Kir-Yianni Estate, Naoussa, Greece

This wine is 100% Xinomavro. The wine spent 16 months in 225 litre and 500 litre French and American oak casks for the 90% of the blend. The rest of the blend, 10%, was tan- matured. The wine was further aged in bottle for another 6 months. 44,000 bottles of this wine were produced.

The grapes for this wine came from selected vineyard blocks within the private vineyards at Yianakohori. The vineyards used for Ramnista have an overall southeast exposure at an altitude of 280-330 metres. Rainfall is normally abundant during the winter months, but summers are so dry that regulated drip irrigation is applied to prevent water stress. Vine density ranges from 3,500 to 4,000 per hectare and the average crop yield is maintained below 2.5 kg per vine.

The pH of this wine is 3.38, titratable acidity is 6.8 grammes per litre, volatile acidity is 0.67 grammes per litre, residual sugar is 2.9 grammes per litre, phenolic index is 6.65, and sulphites of 22 per 99 ppm. The winemaker was Stellios Boutaris.

This wine was imported by Carovin AB.

Colour : Raspberry red/brown bues

Aroma : Herbs, oak, raspberry, plums

Taste : Cinammon spice, herbs, raspberry, strawberry, plums, oak, warm finish

Alcohol : 14%

Price : 99 SEK

Systembolaget Number : 2070

Mark : C

Website : Kir-Yianni Estate

No comments: