This wine is a blend of 37% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Franc, 12% Petit Verdot, and 12% Malbec. The vineyards were located in Stellenbosch, Paarl and Overberg. The wine matured for16 months in new French oak barrels. 13 400 bottles were bottled under screwcap in November 2010.
The pH of this wine is 3.49, the residual sugar is 2.02 grammes per litre, the total acidity is 5.8 grammes per litre, balling at harvest, April 2009, was between 24-26, and the yield was 5 to 8 tons per hectare.
The wine has won following awards:
- 2012 Veritas Wine Awards - Silver Medal
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2012 - Bronze
- Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show 2011 - Riedel Trophy for Best Bordeaux-style Blend
- International Wine Challenge 2011 - Silver Medal
- Michelangelo CCL International Wine Awards 2010: Silver Medal
This bottle was part of a five bottle box entitled The Mentors.
This wine was imported by Arvid Nordquist Vin och Sprithandel.
Colour : Dark purple
Aroma : Blackcurrant, plums, spice, blueberry, pepper, tobacco
Taste : Spice, cedar, blackcurrant, blueberry, spice, plums, tobacco, liqourice, mint
Alcohol : 14%
Price : 999 SEK (The Mentors Gift Box, 5 bottles)
Systembolaget Number : 72266
Mark : B
Website : KWV