Wednesday, 24 August 2011

TN : Bonterra Chardonnay 2009, Mendocino County, California, USA

This wine has been made from organic grapes grown along the Russian River. The principal vineyards were Fetzer Sundial, Fetzer Ledford, Fetzer Chalfont, and Haiku Vineyards. The wine is a blend of 92% Chardonnay, 4% Muscat, and 4% Viognier. 70% of the must was fermented in oak and the remaining 30% in stainless steel. 70% of the wine was then put through malolactic fermentation. The wine was then aged for six months in oak. 24% of the oak was neutral, 16% was new oak, 20% was one year oak, 20% was two year oak, and 20% was three year oak.. The Total Acidity is 0.64 grams per 100 millilitres, the pH is 3.23, and the Residual Sugar is 0.39 grams per 100 millilitres. The winemaker was Robert Blue. This wine was sealed with a screwcap.

This wine was imported by Philipson Soderberg AB.

Colour : Light yellow

Aroma : Butter, oak, nuts, oranges, pineapple

Taste : Butter, vanilla, oak, oranges, pineapple, apples

Alcohol : 13.5%

Price : 135 SEK

Mark : C

Website : Bonterra Vineyards

1 comment:

Reyes said...

By doing this, it is as well easy to separate the items; thus, allowing everything fall into the exact places. A one-cancels-the-other order (more commonly referred to as an OCO order) is a stop-loss order paired with a take-profit order. Another interesting feature in the Hinterland is that wineries are located that produce quality wines.