Wednesday, 30 July 2008

TN : Casa Lapostolle Syrah Cuvee Alexandre 2005, Las Kuras Vineyard, Requinoa, Cachapoal Valley, Chile

Las Kuras means “rocks” in native language and the vines were grown in rocky soils.

The 2004-2005 season began with a cold, cloudy spring and it rained only once. These spring conditions caused a delay in the budding and flowering periods, which were nearly two weeks late. Summer was quite normal and dry but during the last two weeks of February the temperature climbed, which corrected the delays observed during the early stages of growth.

The grapes were harvested by hand in small cases of 12 kg and transported in refrigerated trucks. 38% of the grapes where hand de-stemmed. The remaining 62% had a double selection in long sorting tables. The must underwent cold skin maceration for 5 days at 10°C before fermentation. Fermentation lasted 15 days at 25 to 28 degrees. There was a post fermentation skin contact for 7 to 12 days. All the wine was aged for 20 months in new (80%) and one year old (20%) French oak barrels. The wine was bottled in March 2007 with a production of 2000 nine litre cases.

Colour : Deep blackcherry, purple

Aroma : Violets, savoury notes, spice, cherry, dark fruits

Taste : Violets, mouth filling, savoury, dark fruits, smoky, spice and black pepper on finish

Alcohol : 14.5%

Price : 228 SEK

Mark : B

Website : Casa Lapostolle

No comments: