Tuesday 13 May 2008

TN : Sauvignon Gris 2007, Vina Casa Silva, Colchagua Valley, Chile


This wine was sealed with a screwcap.

The vines were planted in 1912 from French pre-phylloxera originals.

The grapes were harvested between February 25th and March 4th 2007. The grapes were then pre cold storing at three degrees for 24 hours. There was a hand sorting of the grapes before destemming. Then followed a cold maceration in press for six hours at under eight degrees using reductive method. The grapes were then crushed and racked for 24 hours at ten degrees. The wine underwent a post fermentation in stainless steel tanks between thirteen and fifteen degrees. The wine was then aged in stainless steel tanks.

The wine was imported by Tegner Hermansson.

Colour : Very pale straw

Aroma : Blackcurrant leaf, slight tropical fruits, passionfruit

Taste : Blackcurrant leaf, gooseberry, sharp acidity, bitter finish

Alcohol : 14%

Price : 119 SEK

Mark : C

Website : Vina Casa Silva
Website : Tegner Hermansson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone.

I very much enjoy your blog, keep up the good work!
Let me know what you think of my theories regarding hypnotherapy!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone. I very much enjoy your blog, keep up the good work! Let me know what you think of my theories regarding hypnotherapy !

Velez said...

Hey everyone. I very much enjoy your blog, keep up the good work! Let me know what you think of my theories regarding hypnotherapy !